If you are over 50 The American Cancer Society recommends colon cancer screening. Our open access program allows you to schedule a colonoscopy without a lengthy referral process. Learn more
Instructions for ERCP
Follow these Instructions Carefully
*Failure to comply with these instructions may result in a cancellation of your procedure.
- NO food or drink after midnight the night before your test.
- You will be sedated for the test and must be accompanied with someone to drive you home.
- You will be asked to remove any dentures/partials, eye glasses, hearing aides, facial piercings and necklaces for the procedure.
- DO NOT take any aspirin or anti-inflammatory drugs (ex…ibuprofen, aleve, naproxen) for 4 days prior to your exam. If you are on Coumadin, Plavix, Pradaxa or any other blood thinner, ask your physician for additional instructions.
- Bring a list of your current medications.
- A local anesthetic (Cetacaine) may be applied to your throat to help with your gag reflex. Due to this, you will not be able to eat or drink for 1 hour after your procedure.
- Expect to have an Intravenous device (IV) placed at the facility for your test. This will be used for your sedation.
- Plan on taking the entire day off work, school, etc...
- You are not be permitted to drive, drink alcohol, operate machinery or sign any legal documents the entire day of your test due to the sedation you will receive.
- Plan on being at the facility for at least 2-4 hours dependent on the preparation time, procedure time, recovery time, and arrival time of physician. This is a longer procedure. Procedure time alone may take 30 min- 2 hours.
For questions or cancellations please call the office at 330-753-6643